GaryK wrote:
> .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

What's all that stuff?

> I am a technical director at VeriSign and was asked a question that
> Gerv recommended that I post to this mailist.
>
> As you know, VeriSign has spent a fair of time, money and effort to
> roll out our OCSP service which is currently supported as an option in
> FF.  Having said that we're also continuing to publish CRLs/CSRs (which
> is also expensive), and we put both AIA and CDP extensions in most of
> the certs we issue. The reason why we do this is that in RFC2560 (the
> one describing OCSP), Section 5 "Security Considerations", says:
>
> "For this service to be effective, certificate using systems must
> connect to the certificate status service provider. In the event such a
> connection cannot be obtained, certificate-using systems could
> implement CRL processing logic as a fall-back position."
>
> I'm curious to know what FF does in this regard.  Does it fall-back to
> CRLs when it cannot connect to our OCSP server?  If not are there any
> plans to implement something like this in the future?

I'm having a deja-vu experience here.

You sent this exact message before on 2006-08-07
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and there was quite a thread of responses at that time, including one of mine,
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

to which you replied
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is there something different about this latest inquiry that I'm missing?

> Since we have both of this to the standard we want to make sure that
> clients are taking full advantage of both and if not why not?
>
> Thanks for the help.

I'm guessing that your request somehow got resent accidentally.

--
Nelson B