could you please create a JSS bug.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=JSS

and enter as much info as possible. Note JSS is open source, since you have also used NSS, you're welcome to contribute.

-glen

David Stutzman wrote:
I am having basically the same problem as posted by Igor Delacroix and "shinigami" back in September. The problem I run into is that JSS only presents the available tokens it sees when it is initialized and it doesn't seem to respond to the reload methods that are available. I've done similar to Igor in JSS by printing out all available tokens, sleeping for a bit, inserting a token, then grabbing an enumeration of all the modules available again, calling the method to reload the tokens and re-printing the list of available tokens. I end up with the same results.

I've just attempted to do similar actions using NSS and that ends up working just fine:

Trying to get listing of all slots...

PK11_GetTokenName: Builtin Object Token
PK11_GetTokenName: NSS Certificate DB
PK11_GetTokenName: NSS Generic Crypto Services

slotCount: 3

sleeping...

done sleeping...grabbing slot info again

PK11_GetTokenName: Builtin Object Token
PK11_GetTokenName: NSS Certificate DB
PK11_GetTokenName: NSS Generic Crypto Services
PK11_GetTokenName: Rainbow iKey 2032
PK11_GetTokenName: Datakey SignaSure 380

slotCount: 5

I believe Igor and his co-worker were using Rainbow iKeys which use the same middleware and have the same functionality as the keys I have. I also have iKeys here and the same thing happens in both JSS and NSS.

Do any of you NSS/JSS devs have experience with any of the Datakey stuff? I'm using CIP 4.7 (the latest since the smartcard side of Datakey got sold off to SafeNet) and PKCS#11 module dkck201.dll.

I can supply PKCS11 trace from the middleware's logging if that would help anyone out.

Thanks,
Dave