Nelson B wrote:
> Abraham wrote:
>

>> I have a problem with client authentication when I try to run an applet. The
>> java plugin requires authentication but shows me a empty list (i suppose it
>> can´t load firefox keystore). Importing certificates with Java Control Panel
>> isn´t a solution because i want to use the browser smartcard support. I´ve
>> installed jss (jss4.dll and jss directory with jss4.jar) but it doesn´t
>> work.
>>

> In what manner doesn't it work?

Does your applet initialize JSS with the location to the FireFox dbs?

After installing JSS your next step would be to initialize JSS and view
the certificates say modify
the following to work in your applet as test
http://mxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/jss/org/mozilla/jss/tests/ListCACerts.java

you could also choose not to use JSS and use SunPKCS11 to initialize NSS
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html
your applet would have to generate a pkcs11 config file for SunPKCS11
that would specify the location of Firefox's NSS libraries and the
firefox database directory

JSS does have an applet but does test the SunPKCS11-NSS
http://mxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/jss/org/mozilla/jss/tests/all.pl#317

- creates pkcs11 config file
http://mxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/jss/org/mozilla/jss/tests/JSSE_SSLServer.java

- can be configured to use Sunpkcs11-NSS

-glen