Nukeador wrote:
> One doubt,  how are the new certificates included in Firefox? With new
> releases? Are they updated from a server?

New root certificates are first added to NSS (the cryptographic library
used by Firefox) and then new releases of NSS are incorporated into
future versions of Firefox. We do not currently have a mechanism to
update the root certificate list from a server.

However Firefox does have an automated update mechanism that is used by
almost all Firefox users, so once a new Firefox version is released the
vast majority of users (90% or more) will be updated to the new release
within a few weeks.

New Firefox versions are released every one or two months to address
security vulnerabilities or other bugs. However because it takes time
for us to process CA requests, it may be 6 months or more from the time
a request is submitted to us by a CA and the time a version of Firefox
including that CA's root is released.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker