Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
> 2. Mozilla's trademark policy says that if you change certain things
> about Mozilla in your own build or packages, then you cannot release
> your build using Mozilla trademarks (e.g. the Firefox brand name).
> The set of trusted root CA certs is one of those things, I believe.
> See http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/policy/ (last 2
> paragraphs) and
> http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html
>
> The CCK page cited above suggests that if you limit distribution of the
> modified browser to just "your company or institution" it may be OK to
> retain the trademarks.  Maybe Frank Hecker will say more about that.

Strictly speaking the Mozilla Foundation doesn't evaluate and approve
potential uses of the Firefox trademarks (word mark and logo); that's
done by the Mozilla Corporation. Send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and explain your request.

My personal opinion (FWIW) is that organizations should be able to
distribute Firefox versions with modified root lists within the
organizations without running afoul of trademark licensing restrictions.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]