Thorsten Becker wrote:
> [...]
> I'm currently seeing more and more Firefox users migrating to version
> 3.0. [...] Firefox is
> quite harsh about unknown certificates.
> The reactions of the users are either of:
> [...]
> -switching the browser
>
> the latter more likely than the former. Consequently we see a slight
> *decline in ff usage*.[...]

This is something that I've seen also, and it makes me worried that the
current Fx solution *doesn't* really work as advertised.

The people see the warning, and the next minute, they start IE to access
the site.

Think about it : Instead of protecting them, Fx has pushed them to take
a decision that heightens their risk level, it would have been more
secure to let them go though the warning and access the site with Fx
rather than with IE.