Frank Hecker wrote:
> Eddy Nigg wrote:
<snip>
>> Not sure what GlobalSign deems as a secure manner to provide PKCS12
>> files (including private keys) mentioned in 1.9.6.9 of their CPS.
>
> I'll ask about this issue.

My apologies, I forgot to post what I found out. Briefly, GlobalSign is
not currently doing this; the CPS language is there against the future
possibility. I made them aware of our general concerns about CA
generation and distribution of subscriber private keys (including
pointing them to the relevant discussion threads, etc.). They are
working with their auditors to come up with a mechanism that passes
muster in terms of security.

The bottom line is that I don't see this as an issue affecting the
requests, given that a) no key generation and distribution is being done
at present and b) at this time I have no reason to believe that
GlobalSign might do this in an insecure manner.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]