Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
> Michael Kaply wrote:
>> For the record, I just checked my Windows machine (where all this works)
>>
>> It's NSS 3.11
>>
>> The extra "thawte" is not in the database
>>
>> c1dfd405-9dc0-4b7c-8e98-7b2772a81922                         u,u,u
>> Thawte Code Signing CA - Thawte Consulting cc                c,,c
>
> I think you're reporting that you have 3 tests, two with 3.11.x and one
> with 3.12.x.  The 3.12.x and one of the 3.11.x tests have DBs without
> the "thawte" cert, and one 3.11.x DB which has that cert doesn't work.
>
> Next idea, delete that cert.
>    certutil -d ~ -D -n "thawte"

Tried that, and that wasn't it either. Weird.

Just for fun, I tried copying the DB files from my Windows machine  onto
my Mac, but I still get the

signtool: function failed: An I/O error occurred during security
authorization.

Very strange.

So at this point I think I'm just going to move to my custom built 3.12
and give up on 3.11 on Mac.

The reason I liked the 3.11 is because the darwin ports made it an easy
build install on Mac.

Is there any information/documentation on how to properly install an
NSPR/NSS build on Mac?

Like where to put all the files after the build?

Is there a make install?

Mike