Graham Leggett wrote:

Completeness I guess - xml-security's API allowed you to choose both CBC and ECB modes, so I was trying to emulate the same thing.

The only mechanism that I cannot find an oid for is CKM_DES3_ECB - do you know which SEC_OID_* macro I should be using?

The PK11_MechanismToAlgtag function for CKM_DES3_ECB returns SEC_OID_UNKNOWN.
So ECB mode is used exclusively for key wrapping. There isn't a separate algoID tag for it. In general we try to use the OID mappings internally because that is what can be coded. There is no definition for using ECB mode in any type of PKCS #7 encodings, so there is no mapping.

Typically things proceed from the CBC mode of block ciphers.

bob