Marcin T wrote:
> Hi
>
> I finally discovered what is the issue here. In appears that in case
> of unsigned applets, the code is unable to access SunJCE provider

You need to spend your time on "signing the applet" correctly.

You really don't want to get unsigned applets working by modifying your
java.policy
for the long term, as this grant permission to all applets. Now when you
surf the web any
applet that is executed has the extra permissions that you configured:

> As a workaround I have set up the following policies using Policy
> Manager:
>
> grant {
>    permission java.security.SecurityPermission
> "putProviderProperty.SunJCE";
> };
>
> grant {
>    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getProtectionDomain";
> };
>
> grant {
>    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission
> "accessClassInPackage.sun.security.*";
> };
>
> I don't know how insecure my actions are, but this definitely fixed
> problems with applets under SSL / HTTPS.

Security - Signed Applets forum:
http://forums.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=63&start=0

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/plugin/
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/plugin/developer_guide/security.html