Matthews, Tim R wrote:
> Hi All. I hope this is an acceptable question for this list; I’ve
> searched google and the archives and not found an answer.
>

> We use Remedy ARS (helpdesk ticketing system) and are migrating to
> Microsoft ADAM (LDAP) using TLS for encryption. I am responsible for
> getting Remedy to talk LDAPS which is secured using an internal CA :( I
> have it working in dev but the solution seems a cludge to me. First some
> details:
>

> NSS 3.6  & NSPR 4.3 on Linux x32. Using this version as Remedy only
> understands cert7 databases. Remedy is running on Win32.

Can you repeat your experiment with something newer ?

NSS 3.6 was released on October 18 of 2002, nearly 6 years ago. It is
way too old and not considered supported anymore. Many bugs have been
fixed in NSS since.

Please try using either NSS 3.11.9 or NSS 3.12.1, which are currently
supported . The current NSPR release is 4.7.1 .

Another problem is that while you added the client certificate to your
cert database, you did not add the private key. For that, you need to
obtain a PKCS#12 file that contains both the key and the cert, and
import it to the NSS DBs with pk12util .