On 12/17/2008 12:04 AM, Frank Hecker:

Please feel free to mention this issue in the bug. However I suspect
that S-TRUST is constrained in its practices by the relevant German laws
and/or EU directives.

I'm not aware of such an EU directive (and we would have known by now from other inclusion requests). It might be some specific German law and if proved correct would just show, that they haven't thought it through. How can the law makers expect to have software vendors update and add and remove roots in that manner. That's fine for one CA, but there are potentially tens if not hundreds.

Incidentally I think it unreasonable to include a root which will have to be removed in less than a year or two. Anyway, I'll ask for more information on this subject.

(Incidentally, when I was trying to find out more information about this
issue, one of my Google searches returned this as one of the top results:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/b586573164k873p4/

Ha, just don't let them to make it one :-)

Why sorry? I speak fluently German....going to have a look at it if
the above isn't an issue.

Excellent. I'm glad that after a diet of Hungarian and Japanese we have
something more to your taste :-)

Well, they are all very nice people, but in the end of the day I can't read it :S

Considering the various issues I found so far during the last two years? or so...I don't feel really comfortable with those. Somehow it's expected that such documents are (also) published in English, specially since other will have to rely on the issued certificates without having a chance to understand what they are about. I think you just mentioned about the same somewhere else...

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org