Fost1954 wrote:
> Hence we would be grateful if you -being the experts here- came to a
> clear result at some point...

Did you actually read my two responses? What exactly do you not understand?

I personally don't know whether the current Mozilla implementation of
crypto.generateCRMFRequest includes the private key of an encryption
cert. But the CRMF standard defines a way for doing so (for CA-side key
recovery/escrow services). So if you want to be sure that
crypto.generateCRMFRequest is not used then turn off Javascript while
going through the cert enrollment web interface which triggers key
generation. Unfortunately Thawte's enrollment interface does not work
without Javascript.

So the answer is: The private key is currently not transferred but
Thawte could silently change the behaviour of the cert enrollment web
interface. So to be 100% sure you have to check that every time you go
through this enrollment process.

Ciao, Michael.