On 26/12/08 23:52, patri...@certstar.com wrote:

How about creating certificate type that is registered in a central
database and require all CAs to check this DB before issuing new
certificates? Once in that database no certificates could be issued
for this specific domain. I think that most high profile sites would
take advantage of such service.

I have toyed with an alternate idea which is to indicate an appropriate CA in the technical contact of the whois registry details.

The reason I thought of that is perhaps an unhappiness at yet another registry for intellectual property on the net. But all ideas are worth thinking about.

iang