Ian G wrote:
> On 27/12/08 13:43, Eddy Nigg wrote:
>> So? Mozilla really shouldn't care about the business revenues of some
>> CAs. How is that relevant?
>
> Well, a normal lesson of business is that we can't get business people
> to agree to something if their revenues go down...  PKI is business only
> (a frequent complaint, who speaks for the user?), and Mozilla has to
> live in this business world.

Please bear in mind the CAs want to be added to the trusted root CA cert
store to make business. AFAIK they don't pay for that. So Mozilla's
customers are the end users of Firefox etc. not the CAs.

> Either way, when you get serious and propose a chance to a criteria or
> policy, we have to expect that all will consider the revenues question.

It's definitely not Mozilla's task to think about the CAs' business and
whether they have revenues when being added to trusted root CA cert
store or not!

Ciao, Michael.