Kyle Hamilton wrote:
[...]  this CA in question is not generating improper
certificates.  It is generating proper CRLs, and it is simply encoding
and transmitting them as PEM-encoded DER-encoded CRL structures when
RFC5280 (which, by the way, I've been repeatedly told that NSS does
*NOT* comply with) states that they must be sent as DER-encoded.

It does not *fully* support RFC3280, but I think all what it supports is RFC3280 compatible, and also it seems to me that in Firefox 3 it supports quite more of RFC3280 than OpenSSL.