Gervase Markham wrote, On 2009-05-13 14:46:
> On 11/05/09 20:32, Nelson B Bolyard wrote:
>> Ideally, one could tell Tryserver to "Take Firefox source from the current
>> branch for FF 3.0.x or FF 3.5 (from CVS or Hg, as appropriate), plus NSS
>> from CVS tag X, plus this small patch, and build it", but presently that
>> does not seem possible.
>
> Your full message sounds to me ideal for pasting into a bug on
> TryServer. I know the system has been changed a bit recently to make it
> more useful for people, and this seems like an excellent use case.

I suppose that, on principle, you're right.  In the past, I would have
readily done so.  But today my idealism is severely tempered by the
pragmatic realization that there are now hundreds of open bugs and RFEs
that I have filed, some years old, that have gone nowhere.  I doubt that
a few more will make any difference.  MoCo can't even be bothered to make
Bugzilla's patch diff tool work properly with Hg patches, and Hg is their
primary repository now.

When I consider the ENORMOUS push-back that I got from MoCo when I called
for steps to be taken to allow me to end spam in this mailing list, a
request that seemed to me to have no reasonable opposition, save from
spammers, I have little remaining expectation that any requests to
MoFo/MoCo that are seen as benefiting only NSS will ever come to fruition.

/Nelson