Hi Nelson,

First of all, thank you very much for your time and for the quality answers.

I’ve understood everything except but one thing:

Did you really mean that I could have 2 versions of NSS on my computer?
One for Debian and one specific to Mozilla products.

And then what would exactly the purpose of Debian NSS?

Also, if there are 2 libraries, do they use the same keystore???
(For example, in a Windows environment there is Windows Key store and one
specific to firefox (mozilla), is it the same for Linux, one general
keystore and one specific to Mozilla?)

I have installed Firefox 3 through my debian packet synaptic manager (so
firefox3 is specific to debian!).
Does Firefox 3 is always built with the NSS 3.xxxxx library (are the two "3"
related) or could I have a Firefox 3 with a NSS 2.yyyyy?
How can I know the version of my NSS???

Thanks a lot, have a nice week end

Eric