Hi Nelson,
Am 27.09.2009, 06:57 Uhr, schrieb Nelson B Bolyard <nel...@bolyard.me>:

On 2009-09-26 15:56 PDT, Guenter wrote:
why is NSS_Initialize() not listed here:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/sslfnc.html#1022864
or is there somewhere another API docu I've not yet found?

Because the sponsors of the NSS developers have put all their emphasis on
development of code, and not on documentation.
ahhh yes, I see ....
then it gives me also no wonder why SSL_DIR is missing here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSS_reference/NSS_environment_variables
although its used by SECU_DefaultSSLDir():
http://archive.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_2_1_RTM/src/nss-3.2.1/mozilla/security/nss/cmd/lib/secutil.c

I think it may be correctly said that some of the optional features that
can be enabled through the use of NSS_Initialize (such as
NSS_INIT_COOPERATE) are now deprecated, but NSS_Initialize itself is
certainly not.
very interesting since exactly NSS_INIT_COOPERATE was the reason in first place why I've posted here ... can you perhaps explain a bit more about why its deprecated, and what to use now?

thanks, Günter.