On 2010-05-14 14:21 PDT, Kathleen Wilson wrote:

> Of course, the followup question for folks familiar with PSM...
>
> Is there a hidden preference (or other capability) in the PSM that can
> be set to make my Firefox browser display a warning when a 1024-bit cert
> is used? e.g. similar to what happens when a 512-bit cert is used.

Kathleen, what is the exact text of the warning that you get that you
believe indicates that you have visited a site with a 512-bit cert?

I looked through PSM for such a warning briefly.  I found a warning for
sites that use symmetric encryption of strength <= 90 bits, but I found
nothing that specifically looks at public key strength.  If I know the
exact text of the warning to which you're referring, I can tell exactly
what triggers it.

/Nelson