On 2010/08/26 01:02 PDT, fishjohn wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Hope this forum is ok for such question.

Yes.

> We have simple "lists" implemented through /etc/aliases . basically
> I want to send encrypted mail to l...@example.com ( which is alias
> for person1, person2, ...)

A common desire.

> Is there way to go with ldap addressbook , so that outlook/

I can't answer any questions about outlook.  I don't use it.

> thunderbird would read recepients for l...@example.com and therefore
> use every persons key to encrypt message?

I'm not aware of one.  If there is, the answer to that question would
come from the Thunderbird experts, who don't participate in this crypto
list.

Thunderbird will let you (and each person create a mailing list in your
address book.  If you send an email to a list in your address book, then
it will actually send the message to all the email addresses in
that list, all of which are actually in your address book.  This works
quite well with SMIME.  Of course, every user has his own copy of the
list that way, and it becomes difficult to  centrally administer the
list.

Another alternative is to send the email to all the recipients
explicitly, and have everyone use reply-all.  But that also has its
limitations.

> Other solution would be to purchase cert for l...@example.com and
> have every person installed this cert in their thunderbird/outlook.
> I have already tested that solution and for some reason one person
> can read mail sent by other.

I assume you mean "... can NOT read mail ...".  Did you have all the
persons who will share that certificate also install the private key
that goes with it?