On 03/09/2012 07:56 PM, From Brian Smith:
If others agree, then I will file a bug about implementing a change to display
the O= field from all CA certificates in the chain in this UI.

My question would be how you would do that, is there enough UI real estate for that? If there is, it would be terrific. Otherwise I assume that the current UI is the most correct implementation.

The second question is: Should we change the string in the display of the *root* certificate from
"VeriSign, Inc." to "Norton."

No, this is a brand name and not the incorporated organization name. However in case you want to implement something different than using the organization field of the issuer certificate, than it should be probably "Symantec Inc.". In fact this they could easily achieve themselves by issuing new intermediate CA certificates from the Verisign root with the correct organization field.

Just a small warning - they should not attempt to use "Norton" in the organization field, this would clearly violate the Mozilla policy and Baseline Requirements.

Signer:  Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
XMPP:    start...@startcom.org
Blog:    http://blog.startcom.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/eddy_nigg