I plan on using a randomly generated 32-byte key provided by a trusted 3rd
party. I also plan on using a randomly generated 32-byte initialization
vector generated by NSS within Firefox (to use with the AES Chain Block
Cipher scheme).

What should I do with the initialization vector? I read that you have to
keep changing the initialization vector to preserve security. But to
decrypt the data you need the same initialization vector that you encrypted
the data with (which might not be the same IV as other files in the profile
at that given moment). Now, I know that SQLCipher keeps the initialization
vector at the end of every page it reads/writes to. Should I be doing
something similar with NSS (keeping the IV at the end or at the start of
each file)?