On 06/27/2014 05:11 AM, Jürgen Brauckmann wrote:
> David Keeler schrieb:
>> Meanwhile, we are making progress on implementing the webcrypto
>> specification[3]. When complete, webcrypto should provide compatible
>> functionality for what these functions are currently being used to do.
>> Any functionality not implementable using webcrypto is available to
>> addons (see the interfaces in security/manager/ssl/public).
>
> Will Mozilla webcrypto get access to the Mozilla keystore just like
> window.crypto currently has?

Here's the current working draft of webcrypto:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/
It's not a drop-in replacement for the current window.crypto functions,
but it can be used to implement much of the same functionality (in
particular, there are some key import/export/etc. functions). My
understanding is the spec isn't finalized, so if there's something
missing from it you think it needs, I encourage you to contact the editors.
In the event that webcrypto does not provide enough functionality, keep
in mind that addons can pretty much run arbitrary code and that there
are addon-privileged interfaces that can do what I'm guessing you want
here (or, again, if the interfaces are insufficient, feel free to file a
bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org under Core :: Security: PSM).

Cheers,
David