Hi experts, although I'm pretty sure this has been asked before I could not find any pointers in the archive.

What is the reason, why certutil supports 'dNSName' GeneralNames for SubjectAltName but not 'iPAddress' (RFC 3270 secion 4.2.1.7)?

Especially Directory Servers (used for 'native LDAP') often use IP instead of FQDN in the SAN extension of the server cert an it's not too nice to use 'openssl' to get this.

I've seen bug 396255, which suggests there was so intention to support it.

TIA,
Bernhard

--
Painstaking Minds
IT-Consulting Bernhard Thalmayr

bernhard.thalm...@painstakingminds.com - Solution Architect

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.