In order to describing my point clearly, please consider the below simple
example.

1. Two certificates with same subject (CN=www.example.com) and different
nicknames (respectively, example1 and example2). Both of them are in PKCS12
format.

2. Import the certificates to an existing database
$ pk12util -i example1.p12 -d sql:exampledb -W 'example1pass'
pk12util: PKCS12 IMPORT SUCCESSFU
$ pk12util -i example2.p12 -d sql:exampledb -W 'example2pass'
pk12util: PKCS12 IMPORT SUCCESSFU

3. List the certificates
$ certutil -d sql:exampledb -L
Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

example1
                                        u,u,u
example1
                                           u,u,u
Only nickname "example1" is listed.

4. Display certificate example1
$ certutil -d sql:exampledb -L -n example1
Here, in deed, certificate example2 is displayed.

It looks a bug.

Best regards,
John Jiang