Bill,

The release date was not pushed back just for this ticket -- there were
several other changes that motivated that date change. We can discuss that
aspect separately from a discussion of ACCUMULO-958, and we need to start a
separate thread to talk about the remaining milestones before the 1.5.0
release.

I would also like to amend your statement to be "... the patch has no value
added [for] general users [without the addition of extensions that are not
included with the patch]." This is a more accurate yet much weaker premise,
and you should consider the implications on the broader ecosystem.

It seems to me that the main points against this patch are that it is
imperfect. I don't think that feature freeze is the time at which we should
demand perfection. Several valid issues have been raised, which should be
fixed by code freeze (the date of which is not yet set). However, the
utility of this work is obvious to me. At the end of the day, what bar are
we trying to set for inclusion of a patch?

Adam