This is a single file that is populated from the Maven environment, so
that we don't need to run sed to find/replace the release version
hard-coded in our code and documentation. This saves work and means
that our documentation can accurately represent the version they are
documenting. (There've been cases in the past where the version was
arbitrarily replaced, but the behavior the documentation about that
version was not updated, so the documentation was simply wrong. This
keeps the documention correct, but still has the potential to be out
of date... which is a separate issue.)

Updating the maven project in Eclipse will cause it to resolve some
Eclipse plugins that work with the build-helper-maven-plugin to add an
additional source directory for compiling. However, you can add this
source directory manually, if you wish, to get it to compile. It
doesn't affect the build... the error is just an IDE issue, and only
if you don't refresh the project (in Eclipse) and/or add an additional
source directory (for other IDE's... which I can't provide assistance
for).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii