One word of warning. Hadoop deprecated the original MR API before the
new API had feature parity and we're not stuck with both
implementations, probably for the lifetime of Hadoop's MR bindings.
I'm not in favor of deprecating something that people still have to
use. You should deprecate when you have something for people to
migrate to. I think MAC will fit some of the use cases, but it
certainly isn't a great fit for unit tests that can and should execute
quickly.

-Joey