Accumulo also has a pluggable load balancer that could be used to balance
with rack and data-center awareness. This can be done using the currently
released versions of Accumulo.

What problem are you trying to solve, exactly? Are you concerned about
durability and availability issues like disaster recovery in the event of a
datacenter failure, or more about optimizing performance under the
constraint of non-uniform network topology?

Adam