Ack, sorry about that, Don.

We probably should have been more strict about that. It's tough to make a call about a public class that someone *might* be using.

On 3/27/14, 12:26 PM, Donald Miner wrote:
Sorry to necro this thread, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

We had some user code referencing this code directly and our application no
longer works in 1.5.1. Just found out today when installing on 1.5.1. In
retrospect, we should have been using .listSplits from TableOperatons, but
instead we were using the RangeInputSplit method to get the splits for a
table.

I guess since we probably shouldn't have been doing that, I don't know if
that's a case for this not being deleted without going to deprecated... but
we did have a nasty surprise and a deprecation warning would have been nice.

-d