On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have we already decided to drop Hadoop 1 for 1.7.0? I can't remember
> anymore.
>
> If we haven't decided to do so already, I'd like to suggest doing so.
>
> - Josh

I thought we had discussed this for 2.0.0, but that was when we thought we
might release a 2.0 instead of a 1.7. I'm okay with doing it in 1.7, but
with some minor reservations. Doing this will mean that the last supported
Accumulo line for Hadoop 1 users is 1.6.x. This will mean that if we want
to support users on Hadoop 1, we'll have to maintain the 1.6.x branch
longer, vs. maintaining support with 1.x (1.7, maybe 1.8, etc.)

So, doing this will involve a choice in the future: continue maintaining
1.6 for perhaps longer than we might have otherwise done, or leave those
users in the dust (if there are any).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii