When we remove functions, do we have any official guidance to our users who may
have built applications that use those functions?

Right now, the official position is that the Accumulo developers can remove
based on a consensus vote. However, this provides no guidance to users as to
what they are suppose to do? As it stands, our guidance is that they have the
following choices:

(0) Diligently watch the Accumulo e-mail list and aggressively weigh in on any
vote to remove functions that may impact them.

(1) Find someone to modify the original source code of their applications,
build it, and *re-verify* the application. I emphasise the re-verify because
that is usually the most costly part of the process that often won't get
approved by management.

(2) Don't upgrade Accumulo.