2900 W. Plano Parkway
Plano, TX 75075
972-658-1714

On 4/14/15, 1:11 PM, "Josh Elser" <josh.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hrm, those should be getting excluded in the rat check. Can you post the
>rat.txt that gets made (or at least the top portion of the fail where it
>enumerates the files which caused the failure), please?
>
>THORMAN, ROBERT D wrote:
>> What do you do when it a .classpath or .project file?  Is there an
>> exclusion list somewhere?
>>
>> v/r
>> Bob Thorman
>> Principal Big Data Engineer
>> AT&T Big Data CoE
>> 2900 W. Plano Parkway
>> Plano, TX 75075
>> 972-658-1714
>>

>> On 4/14/15, 11:37 AM, "Josh Elser"<josh.el...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> If you look in the file that the error message told you about, it will
>>> tell you exactly which files don't have Apache license headers on them
>>> which you can use instead of `git clean` in the future if you like.
>>>
>>> RAT == release audit tool. It helps us ensure that all of the files in
>>> Accumulo adhere to the rules required to license it as ASLv2.

Summary
-------
Generated at: 2015-04-14T12:43:58-05:00
Notes: 2
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 13

Apache Licensed: 11
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

2 Unknown Licenses

*******************************

Unapproved licenses:

  examples/.classpath
  examples/.project

*******************************

Archives:

  Files with Apache License headers will be marked AL
  Binary files (which do not require AL headers) will be marked B
  Compressed archives will be marked A
  Notices, licenses etc will be marked N
  AL    .travis.yml
  AL    CHANGES
  AL    contrib/Eclipse-Accumulo-Codestyle.xml
  AL    contrib/Eclipse-Accumulo-Template.xml
  AL    contrib/findbugs-exclude.xml
  AL    contrib/README.findbugs
 !????? examples/.classpath
 !????? examples/.project
  AL    INSTALL.md
  N     LICENSE
  N     NOTICE
  AL    pom.xml
  AL    README.md
  AL    src/site/site.xml
  AL    TESTING.md

 Printing headers for files without AL header...

==examples/.classpath
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
        <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/classes" path="src/main/java">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="optional" value="true"/>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry excluding="**" kind="src" output="target/classes"
path="src/main/resources">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/test-classes"
path="src/test/java">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="optional" value="true"/>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry excluding="**" kind="src" output="target/test-classes"
path="src/test/resources">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry kind="con"
path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.7">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry kind="con"
path="org.eclipse.m2e.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER">
                <attributes>
                        <attribute name="maven.pomderived" value="true"/>
                </attributes>
        </classpathentry>
        <classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
</classpath>

==examples/.project
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
        <name>accumulo-examples-simple</name>
        <comment></comment>
        <projects>
        </projects>
        <buildSpec>
                <buildCommand>
                        <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
                <buildCommand>
                        <name>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Builder</name>
                        <arguments>
                        </arguments>
                </buildCommand>
        </buildSpec>
        <natures>
                <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
                <nature>org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Nature</nature>
        </natures>
</projectDescription>