On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM, z11373 <z11...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Another observation which I really want to know why.
>
> I see 1 tablet server consistently shows high number of waiting scans, i.e.
> '16 (435)' or '14 (476)' on Running Scans column, while the other 19 tablet
> servers all showing '0 (0)' or sometimes showing single digit number. The
> thing I don't understand is what I've seen from the Monitor UI for a table
> at one snapshot for example, and this is more or less consistent from time
> to time (when the test clients are still running).
>
> Server | Query | Running Scans
> ====================
> TServer1 | 24 | 0 (0)
> TServer2 | 37 | 0 (0)
> TServer3 | 40 | 0 (0)
> TServer4 | 1 | 0 (0)
> TServer5 | 0 | 0 (0)
> TServer6 | 57 | 0 (0)
> TServer7 | 5 | 0 (0)
> TServer8 | 4 | 0 (0)
> TServer9 | 7 | 0 (0)
> TServer10 | 0 | 0 (0)
> TServer11 | 56 | 0 (0)
> TServer12 | 124 | 0 (0)
> TServer13 | 25 | 0 (0)
> TServer14 | 121 | 16 (435)
> TServer15 | 36 | 0 (0)
> TServer16 | 21 | 0 (0)
> TServer17 | 3 | 0 (0)
> TServer18 | 107 | 0 (0)
> TServer19 | 21 | 0 (0)
> TServer20 | 92 | 0 (0)
>
> I'd really appreciate if someone could explain what may have happened, or
> can point me to the right direction for starting the investigation. For the
> record, there are 50 test clients, each may create multiple scanners to
> query different data from that table.

One starting point is to see what tablets are on that tablet server.  One
way to do this a grep like the following in the accumulo shell (note this
command is from memory so it may have mistakes)

  grep -t accumulo.metadata -c loc <TServer14 addr as it would appear in
metadata table>

In the output of this, rows will contain <table id>:<tablet end row>.
Maybe the tablet end rows can give you  a clue.

You can narrow the grep by restricting the row range using the table id.

  grep -t accumulo.metadata -b <table id>   -e <table id>~ -c loc
<TServer14 addr as it would appear in metadata table>

There is a command in the shell to get table ids.