Another possibility is to push all of that extra info into the tag. E.g.,

accumulo:1.9.3-1
accumulo:2.0.0-1
accumulo:2.0.0-1-alpine

That seems to be the basic pattern used by projects such as openjdk. It’s true
that you couldn’t then have a latest tag for Accumulo 1.9.3 and Accumulo 2.0,
but I don’t believe that’s the intent of the latest tag. I believe that’s
supposed to be the single latest available stable release so that if I did
“docker pull accumulo” I’d get the current version.