+1

Thanks for working this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2020 7:59 AM
To: accumulo-dev <dev@accumulo.apache.org>
Subject: [LAZY][VOTE] change default branch to 'main'

As a follow-up from our previous conversation on this issue, I have already
started a new branch named 'main' for my own future contributions (that name
because it appears to be the trending alternative to 'master'), and for others
who wish to use it as an alternative to the current 'master' branch. I intend
to discontinue merging contributions (my own or others) to any 'master' branch
owned by the Accumulo PMC.

In conjunction with that practice that I intend to follow, I would like to
propose the following as a lazy vote (by that, I mean I'm just going to do it
if nobody votes; if somebody objects, this turns into a majority vote):

1. Submit an INFRA ticket to change the default branch to 'main' for all our
repos (I'll make sure one is created in each before then), and 2. Update all
our PRs against 'master' to be based on 'main' instead, and 3. Delete the
branch currently named 'master' (after the first two steps and ensuring 'main'
contains all of its commits)

This effectively results in a rename of our primary development branches. Upon
completion of these steps, I would send an email reminder to update any forks
or local clones.

This vote will end after Thu 06 Aug 2020 12:00:00 PM UTC (Thu 06 Aug 2020
08:00:00 AM EDT / Thu 06 Aug 2020 05:00:00 AM PDT)

Thanks,
Christopher