Yes I agree, that was the goal of this email thread. I found a few more
tickets that should be addressed for the next release.

Ivan - There was some work done on this PR but it has been some time. Do
you want to take a look at it? Implement a Thread limit. [1]
Keith T - I think we should get this one merged to fix that consistency
check bug I found. It looks like it is finished. [2]
Dave & Dom - Were you guys able to figure out a fix for the new external
compaction metrics test? [3]

FYI we have 6 blockers for 2.1:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/blocker

This is almost definitely going into 2.1 [4]. Thanks Jeff!

[1] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1487
[2] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/2574
[3] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues/2406
[4] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/2215