Hi Dan,

Auto-publishing a PR to a staging branch is probably not a good idea
(I can see how it could be abused to put malicious content on the
apache.org domain).

Having some on-demand staging that is manually triggered could work,
but I'm pretty sure that would lead to more complexity than what we
have now, and right now it's very minimal.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I've already implemented auto-building
each PR, which you could view locally if you want. Check the
https://github.com/apache/accumulo-website/actions for recently built
site artifacts from PRs. Maybe that is a good option for some people
that would make this proposed streamlining easier to accept?