Hi Keith:

Yes this is very helpful. Seems like the queued and running states are
straight forward.

For idle, are there any other reasons a scan would drop to idle? We noticed
a decent number of idle scans after we started compactions from the system
user. They lasted about 90 seconds and then went away. My gut instinct is
telling me the client doesn’t care about the response anymore and is timing
out at which point the scan is abandoned? Does that sound plausible to you?

Thank you!

- Logan