+1 on Strings

On 29 May 2008, at 05:47, Jim Gomes wrote:

Hi Mark,

I like the idea of having providers extend the session modes to what makes sense for them. For instance, MSMQ may ignore transactional, but have some additional acknowledgment mode. However, what do you propose as a solution such that provider's individual extensions to the acknowledgment mode do not "pollute" the global API space? I like your suggestion of having a loose
and flexible API, and I would think that an acknowledgement mode as a
string, versus an enumeration, would be the "loosest". But that may not be
the best way to go.

Changing to a string might work. The current enumeration could be changed to readonly strings. This way providers would be free to support custom
acknowledgment modes through the single parameter.  Thoughts?

Regards,
Jim

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Mark Pollack <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >