The problem is only reproducible with the
wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0parameter.  If this parameter is
removed, then the thread is cleaned up
correctly.  Knowing that, I think the fix should be pretty straightforward.

In the meantime, as a work-around, I would suggest not adding that
parameter.