I wouldn't have expected that sort of behavior.  Very odd.  Would you mind
entering this as a JIRA issue so that we can track it and get it fixed in a
future release?   Here's the link:  https://issues.apache.org/jira

Thanks for your help.  Also, if you have a patch that fixes it, feel free
to contribute it with the report.  Be sure to mark the Grant ASF License
for it.

Best,
Jim