The maven assembly plugin's descriptor should support specifying which EOL
style to use when it adds the file to the distribution archive.  That would
be my preference.  That way folks can still edit the source files in the
format most natural on the dev platform, but still get the correct EOL
conversion in the final distribution target.

--

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*