Using Spring-configured ActiveMQ, with a listener configured with a
prefetch=0 connectionFactory and 5-5 concurrency, we're seeing the listeners
apparently poll for new messages instead of the broker pushing messages, as
expected.

However, in the ActiveMQ web console for the "Active Listeners" of our
queue, I see that the "Enqueues" column count continually rises at a rapid
rate (about 1 every second). Is this normal behavior? Is this just
reflecting each poll of the listeners for new messages, now that we have
prefetch=0?  It just seems a bit strange that the queues are showing an
increasing Enqueue count when there's no actual messages they're working.
Was also wondering if there's a way to throttle the poll frequency, or have
some delay before each consumer polls the broker for new messages.

Pic of the console, showing the ever-increasing Enqueue count of each
consumer with prefetch=0, even when there's no messages to work:

<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4666021/enqueues.png>