If you do a “mvn install” in activemq-web-console, the resulting war file is
about 22mb in size.  Thus, if you you deploy that war into tomcat or something
to remotely manage a broker, you would take the full 22mb hit.   However, there
are a couple issues with that:

1) That war does contain some stuff that I’m not sure should be there.  Why
would a war deployed into tomcat need all the jetty jars for example?  It has
the activemq-all jar, but it also has all the jars that make up activemq-all.
Thus, that 22mb war should be WAY WAY less if someone would take a few minutes
to look at it and pull the stuff that shouldn’t be there.

2) We don’t use that war when we do the activemq-admin command.   As you
pointed out, the incremental “cost” of the current console over the standalone
broker is really about 1MB, no where near the 22mb.   It’s not a lot.   I
believe most of the stuff in lib/web would also be used for the ws interface
into the broker which is on by default.  Thus, that hit isn’t part of the the
admin console only hit.

In any case, with 5.9.0, the hawt.io console would have a larger potential
impact than the activemq console.   From my perspective, just ignore the “22mb”
number and lets just work on getting a nice, usable console in place.   :-)

Dan