I see.  The file itself does not create any bureaucracy.  As the comments in
the file indicate, it's a place for otherwise-missed-credit.

I really think it's valid in that way.  I don't see how the number of
entries in the file is important to the issue.

And, yes, missing credit on an individual commit can be an issue.  However,
a bigger concern is that 1 leads to 2 and then more.  I know.

We don't need to be perfect, but we should strive to improve and do our best
always.