That's fine. My concerns, again, have nothing to do with the technical merits. So again, how about changing the name to something more appropriate (at least imho) and help the guys grow a community?

This would actually give the activemq project the option to upgrade to a major version, if anybody wishes that. Hornet as a subproject could make the case that it's the better alternative, at least for some class of problems. Everything would be simple and clear and time will tell.

How does that sound?
Hadrian