-1

Two reasons:

1. The default configuration of localhost for the broker does not allow
connections from off-machine. For some reason, socket connections are
refused from non-local clients. I had to change the broker.xml config to
use the machine's actual IP address, and then non-local clients could
connect.
2. The basic NMS OpenWire client fails to connect at all. It is getting
unknown response IDs from the broker. I don't think the OpenWire protocol
is being negotiated correctly. I am running with the latest NMS trunk
version (1.8.0).