> On Dec 23, 2015, at 4:07 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Are you referring to the bin or src distribution?

Kind of both…

By removing the binary from the src distribution, that covers that case.   The
user would have to cd into the appropriate directory and explicitly run the
“make” or whatever to build the binary.   It’s an explicit choice they make.
Thus, I’m completely OK with that now.

The bin distribution is still an issue.   If the default was to not use the
libaio at all unless the user either edited a config file to enable it or pass
a command line flag or similar to take explicit action, I’d be OK there as
well.     The new wording on the legal pages is completely confusing.  The
original suggested wording in:
makes so much more sense:

"However, projects may use LGPL licensed works in optional features that are
not enabled by default.”

Dan